FOOD CITY 300 AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY
NO. 26 FOREVERLAWN TOYOTA GR SUPRA
- Date: September 16, 2022
- Event: Food City 300 (Round 26 of 33)
- Location: Bristol Motor Speedway
- Format: 300 Laps (Stages 85 laps / 85 laps / 130 laps)
- Start/Finish: 21st/ 12th (+9 positions)
- Jeffrey Earnhardt made his ninth NXS start of 2022 on Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway, finishing 12th in the Food City 300 under the lights at the famous concrete half-mile in Bristol, Tennessee.
- Earnhardt battled a loose race car during his qualifying attempt, putting him 21st on the speed charts.
- During Stage 1, Earnhardt had to pit for overheating issues which put the No. 26 team off-pit-sequence. He completed the stage in 21st, but restarted Stage 2 on the front row to allow the team to get back on the same pit cycle with the field.
- The No. 26 Supra battled loose conditions that tightened up over each run.
- During the final stage, Earnhardt maintained lead lap position while running Top-5 lap speeds.
- When the final caution came out, Earnhardt was in the 12th position and had the speed to gain multiple positions on the restart, but a speeding penalty on the final pit stop required Earnhardt to start at the rear of the field.